Building Research Institute
was established by the founding charter of the Ministry of Construction of Czechoslovakia in 1958 as a state organization.
Building Research Institute in Prague s.p. – VÚPS Prague s.p.
was authorized to operate in this field by State Testing Authority in 1982, as the State Testing Laboratory 227. Building on professional focus of VÚPS Prague, which has been a departmental research institute in construction, the activity Testing Laboratory 227 focused on construction products. Organizational units of VÚPS Prague s.p. were among the first organizations accredited by the Czech Accreditation Institute in the construction field as a certification body for quality systems according to EN 45012 and product certification according to EN 45011 in 1994.
Building Research Institute – Certification Company, Ltd.
during the second phase of privatization, the state company was privatized and directly sold to Research Institute of Building Construction – Certification Company, Ltd., when all the rights, obligations and requirements of the state company in relation to the national testing were transferred to the new company.
In 1997, the company build its own testing laboratory in response to the requirements of the law no. 22/1997 Coll. and EU documents. Laboratory testing began in 1998. Accreditation for testing of mechanical, humidity, thermal and fire safety, hygienic and performance products for technical installations of structures was given by the Czech Institute for accreditation in the November of 1999. The Testing Laboratory 1234 is regionally divided into technical services operating in Prague, Neratovice, Kutná Hora and Brno.
Even today the management prioritizes expanding the range of services and increasing their quality. A proof of achieving short and long term goals in terms of quality is the increase of accredited subjects and competences of the Authorized Person 227 to the other government regulations and its notification for conformity assessment of CE marking products.